Charles Knox

baby

Cecily Blanche

baby

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Doin' The Potty Dance!

Today was only the second day for Knox to be in the "big boy room" at school (aka 2 year old room), and he is doing AMAZING.  I say this because he went pee-pee on THE POTTY for the FIRST TIME EVER!  YAAAYYYYY!  I'm just thrilled beyond belief.  You would have thought he just discovered the world the way I gushed over him!  :)

We've sat on the potty for a few times here with no results--he just checks everything out from the handle to the TP.  I've been asking him if we wants to go potty, but normally get, "no," his favorite response to everything.  I've heard you don't want to force them into it, so I just roll with it.  His teacher told me she just says, "let's go potty," and takes them every hour or so.  We tried after we got home but he got in the bathroom and hid with some fussing, so I didn't push it.  We just got back from dinner and we made a great attempt at sitting on the potty, but no results this time.  I just acknowledge his great attempts by big high fives

He may have better luck at school since he gets to see the others go potty.  The potty there may be more his size too.  I have the seat that goes over the big potty with a stool to get up there.  That's how I learned so, we're going to go with that for a while.  We went to Target yesterday and looked at the cool kiddie potties there, while saying how cool it would be to go potty like a big boy on one of those "bad" boys.  :)

Anywho, I know that may be TMI for some of you, but it just tickled me pink (hopefully--haha!  Pink, girl, get it?!)  What a wonderful way to get the start of the new year off right with my baby boy making me proud!!!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Knox!! Ada has yet to actually go on the potty. Tonight she was sitting on the potty, and she kept saying, "mommy, it's not working." She can't figure out how to make herself go. Oh well...all in good time.

    ReplyDelete