Charles Knox

baby

Cecily Blanche

baby

Monday, August 25, 2008

A fun weekend with Grammy & Grandaddy

We had the pleasure of Keith's parents, Debbie & Tony (aka Grammy & Grandaddy) come stay the weekend with us.  Their visits are always full of fun times, shopping and mucho good food.

Knox was able to perform to his fullest, once he figured out that "these people" that came to see him were people he had seen before.  His separation anxiety was not as bad as it has been, but he still needed a little time to warm up.  Knox showed them how he could push his little walker and how he now plays with his exersaucer--standing on the outside of it.

We "managed" to make it to the Discover Mills Outlet Mall (comparable to Opry Mills, to those of you who have been there) so Keith and Tony could play at Bass Pro Shops and use gift cards Tony acquired for his retirement, and so Debbie and I could do a little shopping for ourselves and a lot of shopping for the wild man.  Debbie LOVES shoes and is letting her love of shoes fall onto Knox, which makes me happy!  As much as Knox loves to be my sweet little redneck in no shoes and no clothes, I know he needs to get used to wearing shoes since he's so close to walking all over the place.  Debbie had brought with her four pairs of shoes from The Clothes Pen in Pulaski to see if any would be a good fit for Knox.  Let me just tell you that wiggle worm would NOT stay still long enough for us to put a shoe on one foot.  If we did get close, he little foot was so balled up we weren't able to tell if it actually fit or not.  We found a Stride Rite in the mall and a perfect pair of new kicks for Knox there.  They open really wide so I can shove his entire foot in before he realizes it.  He wore them out Saturday night and on Sunday while he and I ran a few errands.  Knox looks so much more like a little boy, than a baby, when he's wearing his shoes with a shorts and top outfit (an upclose view of the kicks are the first pic on this post and my little boy shots are at the bottom.)

I prepared a nice meal Friday evening so we could stay at home and just enjoy each others' company.  It was a yummy meal of pork tenderloin, homemade mac n' cheese, roasted veggies and wheat rolls with honey butter, complete with a brown sugar pudding cake (a new recipe courtesy of Southern Living).  That started of my weekend of being stuffed to the gills of good food.  We had Chick-fil-a Buffet for breakfast Saturday and ate at Chili's and Red Lobster for our remaining meals that day.  I made a new breakfast casserole for Sunday's breakfast which was good, but very different.  I'm still trying to decide if I would make it again, but it's an entire breakfast in one.  Hard boiled eggs, bacon, potatoes, cheese sauce and soft, homemade bread crumbs are all the components.  Oh well.

These last few pictures happened after Grammy and Grandaddy had left, but I had to share.  Now this is not the first time that wild man has played with the toilet paper, but it is the first time he has unrolled it to this extent.  He was only out of my sight for at most 2 minutes and I heard him playing so I wasn't too concerned.  He was having a blast!  I'm just glad I got to him before he started trying to eat it, like he normally does.




No comments:

Post a Comment