Charles Knox

baby

Cecily Blanche

baby

Thursday, February 12, 2009

Too late for this chicky

It is WAY past my bedtime, but I'm up making the cutest burp cloths for my sweet friend Sherry.  I'll have to take pictures tomorrow AM to post.  I know I wouldn't be able to sleep if I waited to do them tomorrow, so I'm biding my time doing a quick little post while my machine works away.

Speaking of embroidery machine, I'm getting several orders for burp cloths, bibs, onesies, etc. so I'm quite pumped about this new venture!  Plus I now think I'm addicted to it--especially appliqué which I just learned to do two days ago.  I'm going to have to invest in a few 18 month onesies so Knox can be a part of the action.  I'm also going to work on some designs geared toward the school down the road and let the neighbors kids be my billboards.  If anyone reading wants me to do any school related designs, or anything else for that matter, leave me a comment, give me a shout, however you can get in touch with me! ;)  I just turned the hand appliqué of the cupcake that I made for Kaylie, into a machine appliqué, for cutie Ben Smith.  His birthday isn't until May, but I am so thankful his momma, Amanda is on top of the ball, and gave me plenty of wiggle room with getting it completed--but I think I'll probably have it done by next week.  :)

Other than that, Knox has been entertaining us with claps when we request Pat-A-Cake.  He has also startedfoot stomps in excitement, accompanied with a large grin.  This and finger pointing have both started recently, and funny enough, the first finger pointing and foot stomping episode was for a bite of chocolate cake.  He is my child.  :)  No big plans for Valentines Day, possibly some landscaping work, and some home-grilled steaks.  Just some quality time with my men, and looking forward to Grammy & Grandaddy's visit next weekend.

I can hardly believe we're almost halfway through February--but I'm glad spring is almost here!  I'll have to post pics of my no-fail winter blues pick-me-up--my seedlings!  For the past few years I've started herbs and tomatoes from seed.  It's actually quite exciting to me to plant the seeds and watch them grow.  I run downstairs each day to see how much they grew over night.  This year I got this cute little greenhouse thing, actually it's a giant plastic box for about $7, and several packets of seeds for about $1 a pack.  I should have some parsley, cilantro, chives, mint, tomatoes, bell peppers, and rosemary this spring and summer.  In addition to beating the winter blahs, I'll have some home-grown groceries to help cut the grocery bill.  I plan on planting bean, squash/zucchini, and cucumber seeds to add to the bounty.  I'll have to keep you posted on how those go.

No comments:

Post a Comment